Monday, March 14, 2011

Pappa, can you hear me?

I'm a fan of desserts.  If you've dined with me, you may have noticed that order doesn't matter so much and by eating my dessert before or during my meal, it really doesn't spoil my appetite...thank goodness!

Having foodie friends is essential.  It helps me discover places like Pappa Roti which houses these wonderfully, ooey, warm BUNS! They opened in Australia, with their first location in Sydney back a couple months ago but have other branches in Malaysia, Dubai, China, Vietnam, Korea, and the Phillipines.


Their signature bun consists of a slightly crisp and fragrant coffee-cream coated exterior over a light and fluffy dough interior.  I decided to top (bottom?) my bun off with taro ice cream.  Its sweet flavor nicely balanced out the buttery filling and my mouth waters just looking at the pictures.  I've got my punch card ready to go!

291 Anzac Parade,
Kingsford, NSW
042270 4429
Mon-Fri: 7am-7pm
Sun-Thur: 7:30am-10:30pm
Fri-Sat: 7:30am-11pm

4 comments:

  1. o...m...godness!!! We must, must have one in Los Angeles. I love rotis in any way, shape or form. Which politician do I have to write to? We have to make this happen. For realsies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Julie: I feel like this would be the new Beard Papa's and funny enough, it's got "Pap[p]a" in it. Hmm..coincidence? I have some paratha's in my freezer to make roti's. Yum! You should open it! :)

    @Jason: Thanks! Too bad you can't taste it..it's heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! I am traveling to the Philippines next week and will look out for Pappa Roti there! Loving the food tales as always.
    Bless up
    ca

    ReplyDelete