Wednesday, July 6, 2011

More FOOD and more WINE, please!

Can I just say that I LOVE going to food and wine shows/festivals/exhibits/fundraisers/competitions? This past weekend, I attended the Good Food & Wine Show at the Sydney Convention Center on Sunday, its last day.

There's nothing I love more than being able to sample little bites and drinks all-day.  It gives me the opportunity to taste and get to know a product and decide whether I like it or not...all before the point of purchase.  Although the food samples were average and there was a lack of cheese vendors (wine but no cheese?), I did enjoy sampling the wines from different regions, ciders, coffees, and teas.  

The 3-day event included plenty of vendors covering the floor and providing samples to attendees, cooking demonstrations from chefs, workshops, classes, tastings, and chefs tables.  It tours 5 cities and now heads to Perth in a couple weeks so without further adieu, here are some of the photos I snapped from the event:







I have to say, my taste buds are changing here (for the better).  Whereas before I could only withstand certain types of teas (basically the ones that didn't hold a strong tea taste or had lots of other flavors covering it), I can feel it starting to open up (thank you taste buds!) and I just fell in love with the Chai pictured above.  Perfect for cold days! 

P.S. Thanks for reading and for everyone's continued support and love!

4 comments:

  1. Did you fall in love with the Chai or the Vanilla? Tea itself can be as fascinating and delightful as food...if that's your thing of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both :) Tea is something that I wished I liked instantaneously but has taken some time to develop a liking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! Have you tried TWG teas? They're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not yet but if I see it, I'll have to try it. There's this place with a large selection of teas (and adorable tea-ware) called T2:

    http://t2tea.com

    ReplyDelete