Thursday, August 9, 2012

City2Surf 2012 - an excuse to fill up on carbs


Yes! It's happening alright; this Sunday, I'll be participating in City2Surf, one of the world's largest running events. It also happens to be on my list of things to do: enter a sporting event/race and finish it.  Mind you, I'll actually be walking with a group of folks from the studio where I work.  The streets here in Sydney will be jam packed as 80,000 people make their way from the city, in a 14km (8.7 miles) trek, to the infamous Bondi Beach.

In doing so, I decided to use this opportunity to raise funds for a not-for-profit (non-profit) organisation called Sustainable Table.  It uses "food as an entree to explore sustainability issues," and increases our "awareness of how today's industralised food system affects our environment."  By working together, we can help to overcome challenges, such as this one.


A BIG AND FLUFFY THANK YOU to those who have supported me for this cause! Especially you anonymous people I can't write a personal thank you to.  I will be thinking of you guys when I cross the finish line (which will probably be done in-style by dancing some Bachata in some silly 80s outfits).  So let's hope blue skies and the sun will emerge in time for Sunday.

And for those who would still like to donate, you can still do so by clicking here.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment